JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-LACKLAND, Texas –
The third quarter Basic Military Training Blue Rope Competition results are in and five Airmen met the challenge and surpassed the requirements, earning the right to wear the blue rope on their campaign hat.
The BMT Blue Rope competition is designed to recognize the top 10% of military training instructors in Basic Military Training. The competition consists of five stages and competitors must pass each stage to advance in the competition:
1. Nomination and peer feedback from the competitor's squadron.
2. Fifty-question written test and must score 90% or higher.
3. Subject matter proficiency evaluation. Competitors complete Control of a marching flight and dormitory inspection procedures.
4. Teaching evaluation. Competitors teach a drill and dorm class with little notice and must score an average of "excellent" or higher to pass.
5. Meet a board consisting of five current Blue Ropes.
Congratulations to the following MTIs:
- Master Sgt. Kyle Case -- 321st Training Squadron
- Tech Sgt. Andrew Chang -- 737th Training Group
- Tech Sgt. Miriam Devito -- 323rd TRS
- Tech Sgt. Christopher Killian -- 737th Training Support Squadron
- Tech Sgt. Edward Wilson -- 320th TRS
If a competitor passes all stages and the commander/command chief approve, the MTI will receive their Blue Rope.