To receive assistance at the JBSA Volunteer Tax Center, you must bring your Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, and your Form 1095, required under the Affordable Care Act. These documents are available through myPay. Also, bring your Social Security card and the Social Security card of each individual you intend to claim as a dependent.
If applicable to your financial situation, you must also bring the following:
- SSN Cards (or photocopies of SSN Cards) for taxpayer/spouse and all dependents listed on returns,
- Most recent tax return,
- Your W-2 form,
- 1099-R reporting distributions from an IRA or 401k you’ve received in 2022,
- 1099-INT or 1099-DIV reporting any interest or dividends received as income in 2022,
- 1098 reporting payment of mortgage interest and property taxes,
- 1099-B for any stock sales together with your cost basis for capital gain or loss calculations,
- SSA-1099 reporting any 2022 Social Security benefits,
- 1099-MISC for self-employment or miscellaneous income, outside of your regular job, and
- Information concerning any state tax refunds that may be income.
Be sure to bring all your documents with you, or your tax preparer will not be able to help you. Tax center personnel will review your documents and help you complete your tax return. Please be aware that the tax centers may not have access to previous tax returns.