The mission of the Joint Base San Antonio Qualified Recycling Program, or JBSA QRP, is to protect human health and the environment, conserve natural resources, and promote recycling, an essential part of the U.S. federal government’s overall environmental initiative to reduce the environmental impact of and amount of waste generated by the U.S. military services.
The QRP’s goal is to encourage the base populace to serve as responsible stewards of the environment, by diverting solid waste from the landfills through the implementation of waste minimization practices such as reducing, reusing, and recycling materials, in order to ensure a safe, healthy and sustainable nation for current and future generations.
The QRP will assist the base populace in diverting from landfills municipal solid waste and construction and demolition waste generated at JBSA in order to:
- Economically manage a self-supporting recycling program;
- Effectively reduce, reuse and recycle solid waste to the maximum extent possible to facilitate Air Force /Department of Defense objectives such as diversion goals;
- Provide comprehensive diversion services to JBSA, including awareness, collection of recyclable materials, and data collection;
- Protect human health and the environment; and
- Comply with applicable federal, state, local and Air Force regulatory requirements.