Recycling Roundup Tip//Anti-Contamination/Roll-off & Dumpster Etiquette Tips
* A Roll-Off container is a large metal container with no top and no lid, and can be any color. They are larger than the small trash dumpsters, which have lids. The smaller trash dumpsters with lids are primarily for bagged office trash and nothing else. Specifically, WOOD items (pallets/lumber/fencing/etc.) DO NOT belong in any smaller trash dumpsters.
* NO items from on-base housing or ANY location off-base are to be placed in ANY roll-off or dumpster at JBSA. PERSONAL furniture needing discarded is NOT allowed in ANY government disposal container. Government furniture needing to be discarded can only be discarded once approved by the DLA Disposition Services office (formerly DRMO). If approved, it can only be placed in a government-owned roll-off, NOT in a small trash dumpster. If it is metal furniture, please take it to your Recycle Center.
* The roll-offs on JBSA are ONLY for government scrap metals, government construction/demolition/wood project wastes, or government green waste/yard waste.
* Green waste roll-offs are for brush, grass, leaves, mulch, and tree branches 4” or less in diameter. Green waste roll-offs are NOT for plastic trash bags, soda cans, plastic bottles, other recyclable materials, hazardous materials or their containers, any kind of refuse/trash, soil, or rocks. Green waste roll-offs are located at: JBSA-Randolph at buildings 1051 and 1350; JBSA-Fort Sam Houston FSH at buildings 3100 & B4197; JBSA-Lackland at buildings 7535 & Range Road, near building 8670.
* Please refrain from throwing the above-mentioned trash items in green waste roll-offs! When we do, the contents become contaminated, and compost & mulch facilities in San Antonio will not accept them. This means the entire roll-off goes to the landfill, wasting good efforts and increasing expense to the government.
* If you have government material to discard and you’re not quite sure where it should go, please call the Qualified Recycling Program at 210-671-4800 or 210-671-5371; or the solid waste Contract Officer Representatives at JBSA-Lackland at 210-671-7219, at JBSA-Fort Sam Houston and JBSA Camp Bullis at 210-221-5500, at JBSA-Randolph at 210-652-1346.