Person(s) not in possession of Military IDs, DOD civilian or contractor IDs, or previously issued and active base access passes must enter JBSA-Fort Sam Houston through the following visitor control centers:
Walters Street 6 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. every day
Media and official tours must contact the 502nd ABW Public Affairs office for access coordination. Entry will not be authorized without prior notification and escort assignment.
Scott VC closed until further notice
Jadwin (commercial vehicles only) 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mon-Fri
Unofficial Installation Access Procedures
Visitors (Family, Friends, etc)
Active Duty members, retirees and their dependents (18 years or older), and Civil Service employees can sponsor up to 5 visitors for up to 30 days by completing three steps:
Note: Single sponsor requests for more than 5 people will require prior approval. The request must be submitted to the VC 10 day prior to arrival of the guests.
Service Delivery (Tow Trucks, Taxi Cabs, Fast Food, Furniture Delivery, Maintenance, etc)
Active Duty members, retirees and their dependents (18 years or older), and Civil Service employees can sponsor service delivery by completing three steps:
1. Notify VC of the pending service delivery via government email, or in person.
Note: Service delivery drivers must return access credential to the VC upon completion of service.
2. Provide sponsor's name, contact information, service delivery destination and name of the company providing the service.
3. The service provider must stop at the VC to be vetted and issued an access pass.
Events (Receptions, Parties, Meetings, etc)
Active Duty members, retirees and their dependents (18 years or older), and Civil Service employees can sponsor (one day) large events, parties, and/or meetings by completing three steps:
1. Contact the VC via government email, or in person to validate sponsorship.
Note: Event attendees must bring valid proofing document (see any attached tri-fold for list of proofing documents) and enter only at the approved ECP the day of the event.
2. Provide completed Entry Authorization List (EAL) request to the VC via government email or in person at least 10 days prior to the event.
3. The requestor will receive confirmation of the EAL with instruction for which Entry Control Point(ECP) their guests will use; the EAL will be posted by Police Operations at the ECP the morning of the event.
Official Installation Access Procedures
Visitors (Community Partners, Sales Reps, etc)
Active Duty members and Civil Service employees can sponsor up to 5 visitors for up to 30 days by completing the three steps:
1. Contact the Visitor Center (VC) via government email, or in person to validate sponsorship.
2. Provide the visitor's full name, date of birth and driver's license number to the VC via government email in advance. This information may also be provided by the visitor upon their arrival to the VC.
3. Receive visitor access approval or disapproval from VC via government email or in person. For all approved access, visitors must report to the VC to receive access credentials.
Contractors and Vendors (Construction Crews, Custodial Services, Food Vendors, etc)
Active Duty members and Civil Service employees can sponsor contractors and vendors for up to 12 months by completing three steps:
1. Contact their designated unit Requesting Authority (RA)/Authorizing Official (AO) to prepare the request for contractor/vendor access.
2. Submit access request containing contractor/vendors' full name, date of birth and driver's license number via RA/AO to the VC via government email or in person at least 10 days in advance.
3. Receive approval and/or disapproval of listed contractors/vendors from VC and ensure all approved contractors/vendors report to VC to obtain access credential within 30 days of list approval.
Note: RA/AO designation must be submitted to the VC and approved prior to requesting contractor/vendor access. The VC will maintain a record of this designation.
Military Training Graduations
Active Duty Students and Trainees can sponsor up to 5 visitors to attend their graduation ceremony by completing three steps:
1. Submit a Visitor Access Request List (VARL) through their chain of command to the VC NLT 14 days prior to the graduation ceremony.
2. Receive access approval and/or disapproval for personnel listed on the VARL along with access credentials through the chain of command.
3. Mail the access credential to their family members and/or friends.
Note: Graduation attendees must present their access credential on the day of the ceremony for entry.
Visitor Center Contact Information
Make telephonic requests by calling:
(210) 221-2650, (210) 221-2651 and (210) 221-1902