RANDOLPH AIR FORCE BASE, Tx –
The annual awards luncheon for the Alamo Federal Executive Board was conducted June 8 at the Omni San Antonio Hotel.
San Antonio has the largest presence of federal employees outside of the Washington, D.C. area, according to Ellen Nelson, Alamo Federal Executive Board executive director. Mr. Nelson said there are 58 federal agencies employing 90,000 federal employees and growing.
"All the DoD nominees should be proud because they competed against many non- DoD agencies," Mr. Nelson said.
The mission of the Federal Executive Board is to encourage closer cooperation between government agencies at a local level, particularly in the areas of emergency preparedness, human capital readiness, and intergovernmental and community activities. Created by President Kennedy and signed into Law in 1961, today 28 FEBs exist outside of the Washington D.C. area, including the Alamo Chapter in San Antonio.
The 2011 award winners from the 502nd Air Base Wing are:
· Category 5 (Professional)
- Winner: Steve Goldman, 502nd ABW Equal Opportunity Office
- First runner-up: Michael Valdez, 802nd Comptroller Squadron
· Category 6 (Customer Service)
- Winner: James Bivens, 502nd Mission Support Group Judge Advocate
· Category 10 (Teams of 11 or more)
- Second runner-up: Randolph Fire and Emergency Services Flight, 902nd Civil Engineer Squadron
- Honorable Mention: Vaughn Caudill, 502nd ABW/FM