Joint Base San Antonio Stage III water restrictions are now in effect.
| JBSA Public Affairs | Aug. 30, 2012
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas —
Changes from Stage II are:
· Irrigation is now once every other week;
· Watering times are 3 to 8 a.m. and 8 to 10 p.m. on the designated watering day
· Use of portable yard pools is prohibited
· fire hydrant and sewer flushing is prohibited (unless repairing)
· Government-owned vehicle allowed to be washed once per month
· No new planting allowed
JBSA is obligated to follow our Biological Opinion Agreement, with U.S.
Fish And Wildlife Services as part of the Endangered Species Act, that is more stringent than the San Antonio Water Systems restrictions.
JBSA personnel should not confuse the JBSA water restrictions with the SAWS restriction levels.
The Biological Opinion Agreement establishes the JBSA Drought Management Plan which is available at jbsa.af.mil.