JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas –
The Combined Federal Campaign, the official workplace giving campaign of the Federal Government, kicked off at Joint Base San Antonio Oct. 16, 2022. Overseen by the Office of Personnel Management, the mission of the CFC is to promote and support philanthropy through a program that is employee focused, cost-efficient, and effective in providing all federal employees and retirees the opportunity to improve the quality of life for all.
The inspiring generosity of the federal community has made the CFC one of the largest and most successful workplace fundraising campaigns in the world. Since its inception more than 60 years ago, the CFC has raised more than $8.6 billion for charities and people in need. In 2021, the federal community pledged more than $80 million in monetary gifts and volunteer time for local, national, and international charities. An additional $650,000 was pledged during a Special Solicitation for Ukraine from April through June 2022.
The 2022 campaign theme – you can be the face of change – encourages federal employees and retirees to join the CFC community and change the world together. The campaign focuses on individual members of the federal community and incorporates storytelling to inspire donors to become changemakers through authentic, relatable giving testimonials.
Federal employees and retirees represent a strong, caring community through the CFC, dedicated to making a difference for those in need. A program of the Office of Personnel Management, the CFC offers the federal community the opportunity to donate to thousands of participating charities. Here’s how it works:
- Choose your cause. Whether you care about finding cures for diseases, supporting military families, or promoting equality for all, the CFC has vetted charities for any cause you want to support. You can even give to multiple charities with one pledge.
- Complete or update your profile. Enter the ZIP code of your office to access the correct list of units/offices.
- 502ABW, enter zip code 78234
- CFC unit code for active duty is WF7FKQ
- CFC unit code for civilians is TNTVXK
- Search for the charities you want to support.
- Make your pledge. Our favorite giving option, the online pledge portal, allows you to easily renew your pledge each year and offers the full range of pledge options:
• Payroll deduction (the most popular!)
• Credit/debit card
• E-check/bank transfer
• Volunteer hours (federal employees only)
Other options include the CFC Giving Mobile App and paper pledge forms.
- Change the World. Thanks to your generosity, CFC charities will make a difference in our local communities, across the nation, and around the world.
Federal employees and retirees can start their donation at GiveCFC.org. Pledges must be made by Jan. 14, 2023.
About the Combined Federal Campaign
The Combined Federal Campaign is one of the world's largest and most successful annual workplace charity campaigns, with 36 CFC zones throughout the country and overseas raising millions of dollars each year with more than $8.6 billion raised since 1961. Each fall, federal civilian, military, and postal employees and retirees pledge funds and volunteer hours to help those in need locally, across the nation, and throughout the world.
The Combined Federal Campaign of the South Central Texas Zone 19 is the local campaign for federal employees and retirees at Joint Base San Antonio. In 2021, the campaign generated more than $1 million for the thousands of participating charities.
For more information, visit GiveCFC.org. You can also connect with the campaign, #SouthCentraTexasCFC, on social media via Facebook or Instagram.