JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas –
Feedback Fridays is a weekly forum that aims to connect the 502d Air Base Wing with members of the Joint Base San Antonio community. Questions are collected during commander’s calls, town hall meetings and throughout the week.
If you have a question or concern, please send an email to email@example.com using the subject line “Feedback Fridays.” Questions will be further researched and published as information becomes available.
Q. What was the outcome of the study on whether to allow personal electric golf carts to be used on the JBSA-Randolph Oaks golf course?
A. Thank you for reaching out regarding the use of personal carts. We have concluded that personal golf cart usage is something that we will allow.
While they had been allowed at JBSA-Fort Sam Houston as a benefit extended to those who store their personal carts there, this practice was not allowed across all three locations. We reviewed applicable guidance and regulations, consulted with the appropriate agencies, and reviewed the potential impacts/benefits to the courses, of personal cart usage.
We are currently formulating the policy to ensure consistency at all three courses. We expect to begin allowing the use of personal carts by mid-February. Please download the JBSA Golf Clubs app on your iPhone or Android device, or follow our JBSA Golf Clubs Facebook page to ensure you receive the notification.
Q. I have to wear glasses when I drive and no matter what I try, they fog up when I wear a mask. If my windows are rolled up, can I remove my mask? I’ll put it on when I roll down my window at the gate.
A. Thank you for your question. While alone in your personal operating vehicle or with members of your immediate household, you do not need to wear a mask.
You do need to wear a mask while driving into the installation if you are interacting with security forces and your window is down. Individuals must wear masks continuously while on JBSA except:
- When an individual is alone in an office with floor-to-ceiling walls with windows and doors closed;
- For brief periods of time when eating and drinking while maintaining distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines and instructions from commanders and supervisors;
- When the mask is required to be lowered briefly for identification or security purposes; and
- When necessary to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability.
Additional JBSA policy includes:
- Masks will be worn when entering the installation and please comply if asked by Security Forces to lower masks for security reasons;
- While inside installation fitness centers, masks will be worn at all times except while swimming or using the showers;
- Masks will be worn outdoors when in shared spaces and if 6 feet physical distance cannot be maintained;
- Shared spaces include but are not limited to inside and outside of all facilities, except a person's own residence;
- Failure to wear a mask in accordance with this policy could result in removal from the installation.
For more information, please visit https://www.jbsa.mil/coronavirus/.