JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas —
Feedback Fridays is a weekly forum that aims to connect the 502d Air Base Wing with members of the Joint Base San Antonio community. Questions are collected during commander’s calls, town hall meetings and throughout the week.
If you have a question or concern, please send an email to email@example.com using the subject line “Feedback Fridays.” Questions will be further researched and published as information becomes available.
Q. Will Trick-or-Treating be allowed on Joint Base San Antonio this year?
A. Thank you for your question. It is allowed, but we are asking the community to follow the below guidance:
- Do not go trick-or-treating if you are sick.
- Make sure you and your children are wearing cloth masks when going out to trick-or-treat.
- Limit the size of your group. The safest group of trick-or-treaters are those within your household.
- Maintain distance more than 6 feet apart between other groups.
- Bring hand sanitizer and use frequently.
- Avoid going inside others’ homes.
- Wait until you get home to enjoy your treats!
- Only eat packaged treats.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds when you return home.
If you decide to hand out treats, please follow the below guidance:
- Don’t hand out candy if you or someone in your household is feeling sick.
- Don’t require trick-or-treaters to come up to your front door. Participate in physically distanced trick-or-treating. Find creative ways to create space between you and the trick-or-treaters.
- Prepare individually wrapped goodie bags or leave individually wrapped candy for families to grab and go on a disinfected table at the end of a driveway or at the edge of a yard
- Be sure to disinfect the table periodically
- When preparing goodie bags, be sure to wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after or wear gloves.
While holidays may feel different this year, we hope JBSA will still be able to safely celebrate and enjoy time with family. For more Halloween guidance, please visit https://go.usa.gov/xGtuU
Q. The road construction on the way to the JBSA-Fort Sam Houston high school is absolutely terrible! Single traffic is not the problem, it is the sheer amount of huge potholes.
A. Thank you for your submission. The 502nd Civil Engineer Squadron recently completed repairs to Winans Road from the bridge down to the fire station. Our engineers will assess the road further down towards the high school to determine repair needs for potholes and will schedule the repairs.