JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas, –
The Army and Air Force Exchange Service locations at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland and JBSA-Randolph now offer Curbside Pick Up at the main store locations.
“Social distancing is key during the current climate and this is another avenue that we know will only increase in popularity,” said Carrie M Cammel, general manager, JBSA-Lackland/JBSA-Randolph
Army & Air Force Exchange Service. “It is essentially an extension of our ‘Buy Online-Pick Up In Store’ program.”
With Curbside Pick Up:
- Customer will order online, select pick up in store, then complete the purchasing transaction online.
- When the order is ready, an employee at the store will then call/text the customer to let them know their order is ready and will offer curbside pickup.
- At the customer's convenience, they can pull into a designated curbside spot and call the number on the sign.
- An employee inside the store answers, gets the customer information and proceeds to the customers vehicle with the purchase.
- Customer will be asked to open passenger side window to go over the order, keeping social distancing in mind.
- Customer then opens trunk (from inside their vehicle).
- Associate places packages in trunk, annotates customer’s vehicle tag and closes trunk which completes the transaction.
This service is not presently offered at the current JBSA-Fort Sam Houston Exchange location due to lack of space, but will be available when the new Exchange opens in September.
In addition, the CLICK2GO service for curbside grocery delivery will be available at the commissary in 2021.