12th FTW Change of Command scheduled for March 14
By Staff Sgt. Beth Del Vecchio
| 12th Flying Training Wing Public Affairs | March 7, 2008
RANDOLPH AIR FORCE BASE, Texas —
The 12th Flying Training Wing vice commander will take command of the wing during a change of command ceremony March 14.
Col. Jacqueline Van Ovost takes command from Col. Richard Clark at a 10 a.m. ceremony in Washington Circle. In case of bad weather, the ceremony will be held in Hangar 4.
Colonel Clark leaves the wing for a year-long assignment to Camp Victory, Iraq, as Chief of Aviation. He has commanded the 12th FTW since January 2006.
Colonel Van Ovost has served as 12th FTW vice commander since July 2007.
Prior to her assignment here, Colonel Van Ovost completed a three-year tour at the United States Transportation Command at Scott Air Force Base, Ill. She is a command pilot with more than 3,900 hours in several mobility aircraft including the C-17A, C-141B and KC-135R and is qualified as a T-1A instructor pilot.
Colonel Van Ovost is the 12th Flying Training Wing's first female commander.
Schedule of Events
· 1-3 p.m. Change of command practice, Washington Circle
· 10 a.m. Change of command ceremony, Washington Circle
· 11 a.m. Reception/receiving line, Randolph Officers' Club
Road Closures for Ceremony
· Harmon Drive from New Street East and Washington Circle will be closed from March 13 at 8:15 a.m. until March 14 at 1 p.m.
· New Street East from Base Housing Office to Fifth Street East will be closed from March 13 at 4 p.m. until March 14 at 1 p.m.
· Parents dropping off or picking up students at Randolph Elementary will have access to the Housing Office parking lot from New Street East the afternoon of March 13 and the morning of March 14. School busing will not be affected.
Inclement Weather Plan
· In event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held in Hangar 4, the schedule will remain the same.