An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Home : News : News
NEWS | Aug. 22, 2008

Voting assistance booths to help base personnel cast ballots

By Capt. Matt Pfeiffer 12th Flying Training Wing Installation Voting Assistance Officer

Base personnel can get help registering to vote and requesting an absentee ballot during Armed Forces Voters Week Aug. 31-Sept. 7.

A booth will be open those days at the base exchange Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for those needing assistance.

The Federal Post Card Applications available at the booths must be completed and mailed by Sept. 15.

The FPCA requests the applicant's personal information, voting residence address, current address and an affirmation that may require a witness or notary signature in some states.

Individuals can go online to the Federal Voting Assistance Program Web site at and complete a form to print out and mail, or they can contact their Unit Voting Assistance Officer to obtain a hard copy to submit by mail.

Once the local election officer in the citizen's state of residence receives the ballot request, approves it and mails the ballot back, the citizen votes and returns the ballot to the official in time to meet state deadlines. If there is insufficient time to receive the ballot, vote and return the ballot on time, the citizen can submit a federal write-in absentee ballot.

Absentee ballot request forms must be mailed to the individual's state and voters can find mailing addresses and voting assistance guides at A postage-paid envelope template can also be printed from the Web site at

Absentee ballots should be mailed no later than Oct. 15 for the November election.

For more information on the voting process, contact Capt. Matt Pfeiffer at 652-2403.