An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Home : News : News
NEWS | Sept. 19, 2008

Deadline for voter registration nears

By Bexar County Elections Department

Team Randolph members who want to vote in the general election on Nov. 4 or during early voting Oct. 20-31, must register to vote no later than Oct. 6.

Two applications are available: standard voter registration cards, which are available from their local department of motor vehicles or county elections offices, and federal post cards, which can be obtained through their unit voting assistance officer or from Capt. Matthew Pfeiffer, installation voting assistance officer, by calling 652-2403. If the post card option is used, the county elections office will forward a Texas Voter Registration Form to the submitter.

For those who are going to be out of the local area at election time, the Federal Post Card Application may be used to register to vote and apply for an absentee ballot at the same time. FPCAs may only be used when servicemembers desire only a temporary registration. Servicemembers awaiting deployment or planning a PCS in the near future should use the FPCA format.

It is important that there is a current address provided on the FPCA form, even if the registrant notes they are stationed at Randolph Air Force Base. Servicemembers deploying or planning a PCS should complete an FPCA, listing their local base as well as an address where the ballot should be mailed outside their county.

It is not necessary to own property and all servicemembers may list temporary housing as their temporary address.

For those deploying overseas between now and Nov. 4, or for anyone already stationed overseas, an election ballot can be sent electronically to their official military e-mail address. This service is not yet available for military dependents.

The federal write-in ballot is accepted in all states. For more information on the process, please contact Capt. Matthew Pfeiffer at 652-8323 or Capt. Anna Johnson at 652-6781.