RANDOLPH AIR FORCE BASE, Texas –
Airmen in all career fields now have a chance to try their hand in Air Force recruiting.
A video contest that officially began Dec. 1, solicits "mission-documentary" type videos depicting Airmen's contribution to the Air Force and the Nation. According to officials, the videos should capture the author's vision of an effective Air Force recruiting commercial for TV.
The winning videos will be run on Air Force Blue Tube where they will be available for public viewing and download. The winning Airmen will also receive a coin and a congratulatory letter from the Chief of Staff of the Air Force and an article published about them on Air Force Link.
"Almost everyone has a digital camera and can get creative in documenting their contribution to the Air Force in innovative ways much like the 'You Make a Difference' recruiting clips that are already being used," said Capt. Rose Richeson, Air Education and Training Command public affairs.
Some examples of video ideas include short clips from a deployment, someone launching an unmanned aerial vehicle by hand, medical miracles, working dog demonstrations or training exercises, said Capt. Richeson.
Airmen can submit their videos directly to their major command public affairs office through an Air Force Knowledge Now, Community of Practice web site at https://afkm.wpafb.af.mil/ASPs/CoP/EntryCoP.asp?Filter=AF-SC-01-38
Once on the site, Airmen must request to become a member by clicking the link in the top left hand side of the page. Airmen may cite the video contest submission as their reason for membership. Once access is granted to the site, Airmen should download their video into their respective MAJCOM folder. The deadline for submissions is Jan. 9, 2008.
Before downloading videos, Airmen must read and agree to the contest submission terms and conditions, located in a folder along with video guidelines on the Web site.
The videos will be judged in two categories - professional team and individual Airmen. A winner from each category will be announced in March, 2009.
Video Submission Guidelines
· Videos should be between 27-30 seconds long and no larger than 40 mb
· The minimum video dimensions accepted are 640x480
· Acceptable video formats include: QuickTime, MPEG1, MPEG4, Windows Media, AVI
· Preferred specifications include Windows Media Video 9, total bit rate of 700 kbps at 480x360 or QuickTime (MPEG4 h.264 codec), total bit rate of 700 kbps at 480x360
· Avoid possible copyright infringement including background music, visible logos, endorsing a product or using other people's video footage
Publicly available multimedia
· Video: www.dvidshub.mil
· Images: www.defenseimagery.mil
· Music: www.usafband.af.mil