JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-LACKLAND, Texas –
Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center offers extended flu vaccine hours for dependent children 7 years old and up to accommodate after-school flu vaccination on Nov. 2 and 9. On these days only, the WHASC atrium flu line hours will be extended to 7 p.m.
For dependent children younger than 7 years old, flu vaccine walk-in hours will remain 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesdays in the Allergy & Immunization clinic on third floor in D wing.
If you get an influenza vaccination off base and it does not populate in MHS-GENESIS or myIMR within a week, please email a copy of the vaccination record with your name and DOD ID number to email@example.com or message us through the Patient Portal at https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil.
Information about the influenza vaccination can be referenced at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/flushot.htm.
Flu vaccine is also available at the network pharmacies. Find the list at https://tricare.mil/CoveredServices/IsItCovered/FluVaccine.
Bivalent COVID-19 vaccine boosters are available only by appointment in the WHASC Immunizations clinic by calling CAMO at 210-916-9900. Instructions for scheduling a COVID-19 bivalent booster online are below.
To make an immunizations appointment online:
- 1. Log onto your MHS Genesis Patient Portal Account at https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil.
- 2. Click the Appointments tab.
- 3. Click the Schedule a new appointment tab along the left margin.
- 4. When prompted "How would you like to begin your search?" select "visit reason."
- 5. You may have to click "visit reason" again on the next screen.
- 6. In the drop down menu select Immunizations Appointment.
- 7. When it asks to "choose a location" select Air Force Medicine Wilford Hall Immunizations Clinic.
- 8. You will now be given times and dates for appointments. Select an appointment that works for you.