JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas –
The 340th Flying Training Group recently announced its 2020 annual awards winners, two of whom have also been nominated for Air Force Reserve Command recognition, and two for Air Education and Training Command recognition.
Headquartered at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, the Reserve unit is the largest flying group in the Air Force. The total force integration group supports AETC flying training programs, Air Force Academy Airmanship programs and enlisted basic military training.
Award winners include the following:
- Civilian, Category I: Megan Corlew, 96th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas;
- NCO: Tech. Sgt. Nicholas Pacheco, 433rd Training Squadron, JBSA-Lackland, Texas;
- Senior NCO: Senior Master Sgt. Veronica Pacheco-Pate, 340th FTG headquarters, JBSA-Randolph, Texas;
- Company Grade Officer: Capt. Joshua Stoll, 43rd Flying Training Squadron, Columbus Air Force Base, Mississippi;
- Field Grade Officer: Maj. Justin Perkins, 39th FTS, JBSA-Randolph, Texas;
- Instructor Pilot: Maj. Christine Wagner, 39th FTS, JBSA-Randolph, Texas;
- Support Officer: Maj. Heather Fletcher, 96th FTS, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas;
- Citizen Airman: Maj. Christopher Ross, 70th FTS, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado;
- Flight Commander: Lt. Col. Klayton Ives, 39th FTS, JBSA-Randolph, Texas.
Pacheco and Pacheco-Pate were nominated for AFRC NCO and senior NCO of the year, and Wagner and Ives were nominated for AETC instructor pilot and flight commander of the year.