JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas, –
To better posture Joint Base San Antonio and help reduce community spread of COVID-19, JBSA increased the Health Protection Condition to CHARLIE, or HPCON C, effective Jan. 4.
Below are key highlights of services that will be maintained or modified. For the most up-to-date information, reference the JBSA's COVID-19 website at http://www.jbsa.mil/coronavirus and follow JBSA on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/JointBaseSanAntonio.
- Child Development Centers and Youth Center-School Age Care program will remain open to mission-essential and critical personnel. However, there will be no open recreation or youth sports activities.
- Fitness centers and aquatic centers/pools will remain open to active duty, Reserve, Guard and Department of Defense civilian mission-essential and critical personnel only.
- The golf courses, bowling centers, outdoor recreation, clubs, community centers, Student Activity Center, auto hobby center, and modified chapel services will remain open with the current physical distancing protocols and limited capacity in place. Visit https://www.JBSAToday.com for details.
- The Canyon Lake Recreation Area will remain open with current physical distancing protocol and limited capacity in place.
For up-to-date information on medical service and care provided, visit https://www.bamc.health.mil/articles/covid19/ and https://www.59mdw.af.mil/.
Effective Jan. 9, JBSA will start enforcing a 100 percent DOD and Uniform Services identification card checks for all vehicle occupants aged 17 and older entering the installation.
Reduced installation access and vetting procedures will be the same as previous HPCON CHARLIE procedures. Full installation gate openings and hours are available at http://www.jbsa.mil/gate-hours/.
As before when operating in HPCON C, all military, dependents, civilians, contractors, Veteran Health ID Card, or VHIC, holders, retirees and others currently in possession of authorized access credentials or with existing valid visitor passes may enter the installation.
- Commercial service providers in commercial vehicles will be allowed access to continue providing goods and services.
- ID card-carrying patients going to BAMC through their gate may bring and escort no more than two passengers in the same vehicle to assist with medical appointments.
- All other visitors without credentials authorizing installation entry must follow the process to obtain an "HPCON C Unescorted Access Request" signed by the hosting commander.
- The HPCON C Unescorted Access Request form is available at https://www.jbsa.mil/Gate-Hours/ and scroll down to the “Entering JBSA” section.
JBSA personnel should continue to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and implement public health recommendations, which include social distancing, wearing face masks, practicing good hand washing and taking appropriate actions if feeling sick.
The latest information on JBSA’s COVID-19 response and prevention can be found at https://www.jbsa.mil/coronavirus.