Chief Master Sergeant Chris M. Lantagne serves as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 502d Air Base Wing and Joint Base San Antonio, Texas, which unifies 11 geographically distinct locations including JBSA-Fort Sam Houston, JBSA-Lackland, JBSA-Randolph and JBSA-Camp Bullis. The 8,000-person 502 ABW executes 49 installation support functions to enable the largest Joint Base in the Department of Defense consisting of 266 Mission Partners, 80,000 full-time personnel and a local community of more than 250,000 retirees. The 502 ABW also manages and provides oversight for major projects, facilities and infrastructure worth $37 billion.
Chief Lantagne, a native of Sanford, Maine, joined the U.S. Air Force in July 1990. He has served in numerous leadership positions within the Health Services Management Career Field as well as base career assistance advisor and mission support squadron first sergeant. The chief has deployed in a Combined Joint Special Operation Air Component-Afghanistan and in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Lantagne was Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Test Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
1990 Basic Military Training Institute, Lackland AFB, Texas
1990 Technical Training, Health Services Management, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1995 Airman Leadership School, McClellan AFB, Calif.
2001 Noncommissioned Officer Academy (Distinguished Graduate), McGuire AFB, N.J.
2004 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy by correspondence
2007 Associate in Applied Science Degree, Health Services Management, Community College of the U.S. Air Force
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy (Distinguished Graduate), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, San Antonio, Texas
2011 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB
2012 Command Chief Course, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
2013 Introduction to Special Operations Course, USAF Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2014 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II by correspondence
2016 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2016 Keystone Fellow, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2017 Bachelor of Arts Degree, Business Leadership, Ashford University, San Diego, Calif.
1. November 1990 – June 1992, Outpatient Medical Records/Patient Admin Technician, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. June 1992 – July 1996, Biometrics/Resource Management Technician, McClellan AFB
3. July 1996 – July 1997, NCOIC, Planning and Analysis, McClellan AFB
4. July 1997 – February 1999, NCOIC, Outpatient Medical Records, McClellan AFB
5. February 1999 – February 2000, Business Liaison, Andrews AFB, Md.
6. February 2000 – October 2001, NCOIC, Accreditation and Quality, Andrews AFB
7. October 2001 – September 2003, NCOIC, Clinical Informatics, Data Quality & Analysis, Andrews AFB
8. September 2003 – April 2005, NCOIC, Business Office, Randolph AFB, Texas
9. April 2005 – July 2007, Team Randolph, Career Assistance Advisor, Randolph AFB
10. July 2007 – November 2008, Flight Chief, TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration Flight, Randolph AFB
11. November 2008 – July 2009, Superintendent, TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration Flight, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
12. July 2009 – June 2011, Superintendent, 52nd Medical Support Squadron, Spangdahlem AB
13. June 2011 – October 2012, Group Superintendent, 52nd Medical Group, Spangdahlem AB
14. October 2012 – April 2014, Group Superintendent, 1st Special Operations Medical Group, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
15. April 2014 – October 2015, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
16. October 2015 – September 2018, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Test Center, Edwards AFB
17. October 2018 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 502nd Air Base Wing and Joint Base San Antonio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with bronze oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal & Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Non-Article 5 North Atlantic Treaty Organization Medal
2001 89th Medical Group, Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2001 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2004 12th Medical Support Squadron, Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2004 Air Education and Training Command, Medical Resource Management NCO of the Year
2006 12th Mission Support Squadron, Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2007 12th Flying Training Wing, Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2007 Team Randolph, Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2009 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Chief Master Sergeant October 2011