Home : Resources : Legal : Legal Assistance
JBSA-Legal Assistance


To qualify for Legal Assistance you must have a valid military identification card and fall into one of the following categories:

  • Active Duty Military Members and their dependents
  • Reserve and Guard Members who are on active duty and their dependents
  • Retired military members and their dependents. If you are a "gray area" retired reservist or guardsman or a dependent of one of them, you must be receiving retirement pay to be eligible for service. Please note you must have a military ID card to be eligible.
  • Other individuals in unique circumstances may be eligible if they have a valid military identification card

What We Can Help With
NOTE: We cannot give legal advice by phone or by email.
  • Immigration
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Voting
  • Wills
  • Uniform Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
  • Probate - Only JBSA-FSH
Note: Legal assistance does not extend to advice about criminal charges or adverse administrative actions. Contact the Area Defense Counsel for assistance with those matters.
JBSA Legal Newsletters
Contact Information
Legal Assistance Websites