CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT BRION P. BLAIS
Chief Master Sgt. Brion P. Blais currently serves as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 502d Air Base Wing, as well as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for Joint Base San Antonio, Texas, which spans over 64 miles and is comprised of 266 mission partners with over 80,000 full-time employees.
As the senior enlisted adviser for the commander, he oversees the welfare, professional development and combat readiness of the joint force across San Antonio. Additionally, as the host wing command chief, he routinely engages with community partners to ensure support for Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, and Coastguardsmen that transcends the fence-lines of the installation.
Chief Blais is from Bellevue, Wash., and entered the Air Force in May 1994, graduating training at Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal in March of 1995. Throughout his assignments he has filled numerous positions from the Flight to Major Command and has deployed to multiple locations in support of world-wide wartime and contingency operations. Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Blais was the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 377th Air Base Wing at Kirtland AFB, N.M.
1997 Joint Nuclear Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Sandia National Laboratories, N.M.
1997 FBI/OSI Post Blast Analysis, Holloman AFB, N.M.
1999 Airman Leadership School, RAF Feltwell, England
2000 Advanced Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Indianhead Naval Ordnance Station, Md.
2001 Advanced Access and Disablement, Indianhead Naval Ordnance Station, Md.
2007 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2007 Associates degree in Applied Sciences through the Community College of the Air Force
2008 Advanced Improvised Explosive Devices, NAVSCHOLEOD, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Profession Military Education
2011 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2013 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2015 Senior Leader Nuclear Management, Air Force Center for Unconventional Weapons Studies
2015 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
2016 Leadership Enhancement Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
1. May 1994 – June 1994, Trainee/student, Basic Military Training and Explosive Ordnance Disposal Preliminary Training, Lackland AFB, Texas.
2. July 1994 – October 1994, Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal Phase I, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. October 1994 – February 1995, Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal Phase II, Indianhead Naval Ordnance Station, Md.
(Current as of May 2016)
4. February 1995 – January 1998, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Equipment Maintenance Specialist, 49th Civil Engineer Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
5. January 1998 – March 1999, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Journeyman, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea.
6. March 1999 – March 2006, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge of Training, Supply and EOD Support Element, 48th Civil Engineer Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
(August 2000 – December 2000, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Member, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
(November 2003 – March 2004, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Leader, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar with forward deployment to Kabul, Afghanistan and Tallil Air Base, Iraq)
(January 2005 – May 2005, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Leader, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar with forward deployment as Flight Chief to 40th CEG, Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory)
7. March 2006 – March 2010, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight Chief, 341st Civil Engineer Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
(August 2006 – January 2007, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight Chief, Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait)
(November 2007 – May 2008, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Senior Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge Operations, Combined Joint Task Force Troy, Balad Air Base, Iraq)
(December 2008 – May 2009, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Operating Location Alpha, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge Operations, Combined Joint Task Force Paladin, Forward Operating Base Shank, Afghanistan)
8. March 2010 – July 2013, HQ ACC/IG Explosive Ordnance Disposal Inspector and Superintendent, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight, 633d Civil Engineer Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
(July 2010 – January 2011, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Operating Location Charlie, Flight Superintendent, Combined Joint Task Force Paladin, Forward Operating Base Deleram II, Afghanistan)
(April 2012 – October 2012, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Operating Location Delta, Flight Superintendent, Combined Joint Task Force Paladin, Forward Operating Base Leatherneck, Afghanistan)
9. July 2013 – December 2014, Superintendent 96th Civil Engineer Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. January 2015 – October 2015, Command Chief, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center and 377th Air Base Wing (Air Force Material Command), Kirtland AFB, N.M.
11. October 2015 – April 2016, Command Chief, 377th Air Base Wing (Air Force Global Strike Command), Kirtland AFB, N.M.
12. May 2016 – Present, Command Chief, 502d Air Base Wing & Joint Base San Antonio, Texas.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Combat Action Medal
1996 Promoted to Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
2005 USAFE Major General Lupia Military Technician
2005 Air Force Association “Citation of Honor”, RAF Lakenheath, England
2007 John L. Levitow Award, NCO Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2008 AFSPC Chief Master Sergeant Daniels Military Superintendent
2008 SNCO of the Year, 341 Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2011 Lance P. Sijan Award, HQ ACC Inspector General Directorate
2011 Distinguished Graduate, SNCO Academy
2014 AFMC Maj Gen Joseph A. Ahearn Enlisted Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant December 2013
(Current as of Oct. 2016)